Thursday, December 13, 2007

Jacob's Ladder Afghan

This is my newest project. I guess since I had finished a hat, the washcloths, and a ripple bag I was entitled to start something new. My husband had mentioned that he would like a second afghan. Thus, my new project! This pattern is super easy and works up really fast (with the exception that I am making this afghan extra wide and extra long by request). And I had some extra RHSS yarn, so why not. My great grandmother had made an afghan like this and I have seen my mother work on one just like it. It is really easy and is just DC and CH. Then you pull the loops up through the one above and it makes what looks like braids. Here is a site that has a pattern for this, but I used what my grandmother had told me. It is pretty much the same thing. The first picture shows some of the chains looped already and the chains out. The second is just a close up of the stitches. One day I will have a nice camera that will make my photos much more presentable. Until then, these will have to do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, this is my favorite afghan. I'm working on one now in the same pattern, but it's not as pretty. If I send it to you, will you finish it for me? Love Mom

Melissa said...

Love it! I want to make one of those afghans too. Maybe sometime after Christmas. I have a lot of last minute Christmas things to do.

Molly Gallagher said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and it looks amazing!

Jada said...

It is looking good!They are going to love it!

CraftyAshley said...

Your hubby is so lucky to have you to make so many awesome blankets. Mine would like his first one me mentions often. Have a great weekend!

Lesalicious said...

So far so good I know your hubby will love it. Love the color that color is totally for a guy.:)Can't wait to see it when you is done. :) Have fun crocheting.

Unknown said...

I'm looking for the pattern of the blue, orange and white "shell" afghan shown on the crochetcami.blogspot.com page. How can I get this? Please help.