Saturday, March 5, 2011

Malabrigo Mitts


Dustin has been asking for a second pair of fingerless mitts since he loved the first pair so much.  I decided to use some of the Malabrigo Yarn I got for Christmas.  When ever I need to make some quick and easy fingerless mitts, this pattern is my definite favorite.  So easy, simple, quick, and looks great in the end.  These really only took about two hours to make, but I put them down and waited forever before finishing them.  I really dislike picking up stitches and so I let them sit and sit before finally just attacking it and getting them done.  

I did make some modifications to it since I was using more of an aran/bulky weight yarn than a worsted weight. Here is what I did.

*Size 9 needles
*K12 rounds of K1P1 ribbing
*K7 rounds before thumb gussett
*K8 rounds before finger ribbing
*K10 rounds of ribbing before bind off
*picked up 5 sts for thumb
*K6 rounds on thumb before bind off
Raverly Link
Pattern - Potluck Mitts by Midnight Knitter
Needle - Size 9
Yarn - Malabrigo Twist in Autumn Forest
Made For - Dustin
Date Started - January 17, 2011
Date Finished - February 19, 2011
Total Hours - 3

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

They turned out great! I can see why he loves them. They're functional and stylish.