Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Age of Brass & Steam Kerchief


I'm not sure why this project took me so long to finish, (okay, it might have something to do with all the purling involved in this pattern - but that's just a guess) because it has quickly become my new favorite scarf.  I wear it everywhere now, even though the weather has been in the 70's, I can't help but wear it.  I cast on for this scarf on 8/22/10 and finally finished it a year later (9/9/11), but hey, at least I finished.

This yarn was amazing to work with. Very soft and squishy and drapes very nicely.  I opted to change up the pattern and use a fingering weight yarn instead.  As a result, I ended up using size 4 needles and I did two extra repeats before completing the final section.

Raverly Project Page
Pattern - Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief by Orange Flower
Needles - Size 4, circulars
Yarn - Knit One, Crochet Too - Crock-o-Dye.  Color - Garnet (289)
Finished Size - 18" x 51"
Date Started - 8/22/10
Date Finished - 9/9/11
Modifications - Fingering weight yarn, size 4 needles, added two extra repeats before final section.

1 comment:

Tif said...

this is gorgeous!