Sunday, November 25, 2007

Center Pull Ball of Yarn

I went from this....



to this...

just by using this...

Yep, it's a turkey baster. It works miracles - it doesn't just help you to get a perfectly brown turkey, but also helps to turn hanks or skeins that are not pulling from the center into a center pull ball of yarn. I learned this trick from my friend who buys lots of fancy yarn that comes in hanks. You just shove the end of the yarn down the center of the turkey baster, and start to wrap the yarn around the baster. I kind of spin it as I wrap so it stays in a nice ball shape. And the more you can put down the center of the baster the easier it is. When you are done, just tuck in the end. and push off the baster. Since the top is slightly larger than the bottom, it comes off nicely. Then just pull from the center string and viola! A center pull ball of yarn! What a life saver. My DH loves it because it cuts out his job of pulling yarn for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try that myself! I hate it when the yarn gets all tangled as I crochet. Thanks for the tip!