Sunday, December 23, 2007

New Hats

I have not been feeling so well, which is a bummer since Christmas is around the corner and I have a few days off work. I have been able to do a bit of crochet. I have finished a couple of hats that I started a while ago. The pink and gray hat is a pattern I found on Raverly called Durango. As always, I changed a few things. I like my hats to fit a little more closely around the forehead so I decreased on a few rows. I also added a flower (pattern here) instead of the suggested buttons.
The second is... well, I guess I will call it my Ugly but Warm hat. This yarn looked a lot prettier when it isn't all mixed together. But it is super warm ( I love Patton's!). I just made up this pattern. The last few rows I used two strands and did a single crochet cross stitch. The rest is just single crochet. And I added a picot edge. It definitely is not my favorite hat that I have made but it is really warm.


Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Nice hats. I hope you get feeling better and drive safe. Merry Christmas!!!!

Crafty Christina said...

I think both hats are cute! The striped one looks super warm and in cold weather, that's what you're going to need.

Lesalicious said...

Love the hats great job cute.:) Merry Christmas:)

Laurah said...

I like the mods you did to the first hat. The pink color looks nice next to the gray.
Wool is warm! And great in the rain. The double strand at the bottom looks great with the vareigated yarn.
Merry Christmas!