Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our Dear Prophet


The prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints passed away on January 27th. I am not sure what to say about him, but he will be missed. He was 97 years old.
I am so happy that he is now able to be with his wife. She passed away several years ago and he has missed her. I remember one conference when he said this about his wife.
As I held her hand and saw mortal life drain from her fingers, I confess I was overcome. Before I married her, she had been the girl of my dreams, to use the words of a song then popular. She was my dear companion for more than two-thirds of a century, my equal before the Lord, really my superior. And now in my old age, she has once again become the girl of my dreams.
I can't really remember a time when he wasn't the prophet. He has accomplished so much in his life and has influenced so many people. He truly was an amazing man. I know that the Lord has blessed him and was there helping him through every step of his life. And his faith and testimony will live on.

No comments: