Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Utah Jazz and Yucky Weather

The weather has been out of control here. This is the view from my office and you can't even see the cars in the parking lot. The storm rolled in and caused havoc all over. The freeways were closed, there was a 20 car pile up, lots of crazy stuff. I was worried that we were going to have to miss the Jazz game because of the bad weather. But we prevailed and got to see an amazing game. Just in case you haven't notice, I am a Utah Jazz fan! My company has season tickets and passes them out amongst the employees. I had tickets to Wednesday's game (and we also have tickets for next Monday's game) but my co-worker needed to trade for Monday's game. You betcha that I was first to volunteer since it was a game against the Spurs. The weather looked like this all day so I was afraid we wouldn't be able to go. But we went anyway and boy was it worth it. What a game! We had excellent seats and the game was really evenly matched so we had to cheer extra loud to help them win. And they did! It was really fun and I'm glad we went. I even got this crazy picture. Can you see the two guys in the bottom right all tangled up? That looks painful.

Oh - I have finished the quilt I was making with my new fabrics. I just have the quilting left to do. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will. I am going to try my hand at machine quilting and need to get my sewing machine fixed, or working correctly, before I can attempt that.

3 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Yeah that is a great picture. By the time I thought of it the worst of it was over.
Thank you and Britten for giving my that very cute birthday card and for the gift certificate! It was awesome!
My offer still stands that you can borrow my sewing machine, at my house or yours doesn't matter.
I'm also glad to hear that you were able to make it to the game. I was thinking about you guys when we were watching the game on tv! Have a great Day!!!

Crafty Christina said...

Look at that snow! We haven't gotten more than a sprinkle here yet. Glad you were able to enjoy the game, even with the snow. I can't wait to see your quilt!

Laurah said...

You did have a good view! Glad you had a good time and a chance to try out some sport photography.
I can't believe the blizzard! I have never been in heavy snow before. The Northwest coast just has flurries compared to that pileup.
I can't wait to see your quilt!