Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Paparazzi photos

Last night I watched my niece, Anna, while my sister was at work. She is quite the handful, but we had fun nonetheless. We even made it through the whole night without her digesting any cat food or sticking her finger in the light socket. Pretty good, hunh? The paparazzi even came to visit, and look at all the cute pictures they got.

Eating dinner - "Yes mom, I ate all my vegetables!"




"Hey, what's that?" close up shot


"Are we done with the photos yet?"


Isn't she a cutie pie?

I also managed to take a few photos of my newly finished quilt. I mostly used fabric from the Katie Jump Rope line but threw in a few others. I love the way it turned out. I got the pattern here. I added a border and one more row of zags (is that what you call them?), to make it a bit bigger in size. I used the last of the orange fabric (donated by my sister) for the backing and have enough left over for the binding. I had lots of left over squares that were cut out for the half square triangles that I didn't use, so I used those for the backing to add a little something. I am going to try my hand at machine quilting so I will post more photos when it is completely finished. It is a very bright, happy quilt. And it cost me less than $20!

4 comments:

Laurah said...

What a cute little kid! I like the closeup pic.
The quilt looks great! The pattern reminds me of rica rac. That's amazing for only $20! The back is nice, too.

Crafty Christina said...

Your neice is too cute! She looks like she likes the camera. I love love LOVE the quilt. Ok, I just want to make sure you know I LOVE it! Its gorgeous!

CraftyAshley said...

Hi Anna! Your quilt turned out great! That is amazing that you did it for less than 20 bucks.

Anonymous said...

Your neice is so cute-I'm sure your proud to be her aunt. I love your quilt it turned out really nice.