Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

I can’t believe that another year is over! Time sure does fly.

2008 has been good to me and hopefully so will 2009.

There have been many fun, exciting, and new things happen in 2008, and many scary, upsetting, and sad things happen. I am choosing to focus on the good things. These are a few of my favorites:

*Laughed with my hubby (we did this a lot).

fam photo

*Dustin graduated from UVU!

*Went to a new city I’ve never been to before (San Francisco, and Loved it)

San Fran 076

* Moved

*Learned to applique, and made a quilt with applique.

applique

*Grew my hair out, and then chopped it off

*Spent time with my adorable niece

anna and me

*Celebrated a 3rd year anniversary

*Was interviewed by Carina.

*Cheered for the Jazz like never before (we are bigger fans now then we were last year – Go Jazz!)

jazz fans

*Attempted to learn to knit (I failed, but will try again one day)

*Learned to sew things besides just quilts (like curtains, bags, and baby bibs)

curtains

*Became a licensed appraiser

*Took a maximum adventure to California to purchase a 4-runner (where we saw a horrible wreck, broke down on the side of the road, and stayed in some pretty sketchy places – wouldn’t trade this experience for the world).

*Learned to embroider (and LOVED it!)

quilt tag

*Adopted a stray cat, who in return had three adorable kittens

*Finished several quilts (all of which I am super proud of)

pinwheels

zig zag

*Survived another year of Black Friday shopping.

*Had several “mini-adventures” with my hubby! (we laugh about these adventures all the time)

*Participated in a 5K Walk for charity.

100_2424

*Cut my finger off, and then let it grow back on its own (No skin grafts – oh happy day!).

*Became addicted to Sudoko.

suduko

*Purchased a new ~FANTASTIC~ mattress (now I can sleep at night)!

*Managed to accomplish a few of the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of the year.

*Finished 92 projects! That’s right! NINETY-TWO! (this makes up for all the unfinished projects I have laying around.)

All in all … 2008 was a great year! I hope that 2009 brings new and exciting adventures my way and that I’m ready for them.

I also want to thank all of you who leave comments and suggestions on this blog. It has been fun and I love hearing what everyone thinks. For those of you blog stalkers ... please say Hi! I’d love to hear from you. Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement you have given me.

Have a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

alpinekleins said...

Wow! Way to go girl! You are such an inspiration! (besides you take good care of Dustin:) Love you tons!

((hugs))

Rebekah said...

sounds like you had a wonderful year and accomplished a lot! Have fun in 2009

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I've enjoyed being inspired by everything you've created this year. Happy 2009!