Monday, February 9, 2009

Relay For Life Donations

Phew, I’m so fast! Look at me whipping out these quilts!

HA HA HA!! Just teasing! I didn’t make this quilt, although I wish I had. My mom made it! Isn’t it adorable?

3266419875_f8e2fc7481

She made it at our family quilt retreat. She wanted to donate it to my aunts Relay for Life drawing so she asked me to quilt it for her. This was the first time that I have quilted someone else’s project. Boy was that stressful! She just told me to quilt it how I wanted. I couldn’t decide, so I just went with the standard free motion stippling. I must say, I am still not a professional by any means, but my stitches are getting a lot better.

3266452549_27a2002590

The backing she used was a purple polka dot flannel! FLANNEL! … For the backing! … What a great idea! I don’t know why I haven’t thought of this, especially with all the baby blankets I have made but I love this idea. It makes it so super soft and snuggly! And purple polka dots, how cute it that?

3266422675_c8f31d2452

Each bug is an applique piece. (We learned how to do applique at the quilt retreat, so all of the quilts were applique.) And has embroidery for the faces. How adorable is this butterfly?

3267246974_5e5fbf1ef0

Well, this froggy might be slightly more adorable, but I can’t decide.

3266420799_0313bca425

My mom is super talented and I love this quilt. Thanks Madre, for giving me the chance to quilt this for you!

I wanted to also thank Christina and Rebekah for their donations to the relay for life fundraiser. You girls are amazing!

Christina made these great bath puffs. She has such a talent for crochet and these are perfect. I’ve never thought to make these, but I think I might give them a try.

CamiBathPuffs

Rebekah made this adorable table runner with this cute Lizzy Dish fabric! I love this so much that I almost kept it for myself. No worries, I didn’t (I wanted to, but I didn’t). Isn’t it so cute?

3242095200_8260f74080

Thanks girls! You are the best! Oh, and I had to steal these pictures from your blogs, hope you don’t mind. Silly me, I forgot to take pictures of them before I shipped them to my aunt. I was just a little excited to send them to her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! If I had only know that your mom was willing to give that quilt away I would have put my name on it... I guess I will just have to buy lots and lots of tickets for the Relay for Life drawing....
CW

CraftyAshley said...

Wow what cute stuff! You did great at quilting your Mom's quilt! I hope the fundraiser goes well.

Crafty Christina said...

Wow, that quilt is amazing! Love the detail! My pleasure about the bath puffs!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful job on the quilt (to your mom) and on the quilting (to you). Those bath puffs are so cute. Does Christina want to share the pattern?

Abby and Brenda said...

That quilt is so gorgeous! The little bugs are too cute! I went back to your post about your quilt retreat and love the blue and yellow quilt you did - do you have a pattern for it and the applique stars? I'd love to try to "attempt" to make one before the baby comes!