Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hand Dyed Socks

I finally finished my hand-dyed socks. It took me a while, since I had completely finished one sock in the Sunrise Pattern, only to discover that I really didn't like it. So, I frogged the first completed sock and started again. I opted to use a plain stockinette pattern to help show off the yarn, since that is my favorite part anyway. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out. They fit perfectly and I am absolutely in love with the yarn.

Hand Dyed Socks

Everyone should have a pair of hand-knit, hand dyed socks ... and a cute kitty bottom to go along with them. I'm blessed to have both.

Slip Stitch Heel Socks & Kitty

Raverly Link
Pattern : Socks from the Toe Up - Slip Stitch Heel Basic Sock
Yarn - Hand Dyed (using this tutorial)
Needles - Size 2
Judy's Magic Cast On, Slip Stitch Heel, and Russian Bind-Off
Start Date - June 20, 2010
Finish Date - August 21, 2010


Mamaw said...

When you say "everyone" do you really mean your mom?


Crafty Christina said...

Cami, the socks turned out so great! Your knitting is taking off so much! I still haven't gotten to socks. I'm so slow, haha!

Great job! Your projects are an inspiration, as always!

Rebekah said...

so cool! I love how the stripes turned out.

I definitely want to learn how to knit socks this winter.