Monday, March 28, 2011
I have been wanting to make a Turn A Square Hat since I first saw it, like several years ago, but that was before I began knitting. This was the perfect time to try out this pattern, plus, I already had some great Malabrigo Rios in my stash that would work perfectly.
I did end up making a few changes but not much. Here is what I did.
I cast on 100 sts, k2 p2 for 1.5", increased to 108 sts, followed pattern for 5.5" then began increases per pattern.
In the end, I thought it looked perfect and fit nicely. Dustin was not so sure. He wanted it slightly longer to cover more of his neck. So being the loving wife I am, I frogged back and knit for 6" before starting the decreases. A simple hat that should have taken me a day to make ended up taking 5. But he likes it and it fits, and the best part --- He will wear it! I'd say it is another successful project.
Pattern - Turn A Square by Jared Flood
Yarn - Malabrigo Rios in Lettuce and Coco
Needles - Size 7 for brim, Size 8 for body