Monday, July 28, 2008

Mini Vacation...

July 24th is a State holiday in Utah... so me and the hubby went on a mini vacation to St. George, (about a 4 hour drive from where we live) for the weekend. Since the 24th fell on a Thursday, we took of Friday from work and spent the weekend in extremely hot weather. I'm sure you are dying to know what we did all weekend. I will tell you. Absolutely nothing! It was fantastic! We (mostly me) slept in, watched way more TV than we should have ( I love the Deadliest Catch and the Next Food Network Star and conveniently enough they each had marathons going), played some Nintendo, I put together a puzzle all by myself, ate lots of food, went to a movie, went shopping (yippee for new fabric!) and went swimming where I worked on my sunburn because I don't tan. It was a very nice relaxing weekend and I think just what we both needed. We went to see the X-Files movie. I must say I was very disappointed. Dustin bought the complete season on DVD and has been watching them, but I get too scared (yes, I'm a wimp) so I haven't been watching them. But this new movie wasn't anything paranormal at all. I guess I was just expecting something more. Anyone else seen it?
We also stopped by my hometown to see my mom on the way home. Guess what she has? Baby Kittens! Four of them to be exact but only two would let us hold them. They are so super cute, I really wanted to take them home but I think two cats is enough for us. Sorry mom, you'll have to find someone else to take them. One has a orange stripe down it's face, they call it Harry Potter. The other tabby one is Tiger Woods. Cute hunh? My dad also has new kittens at his house, but I haven't seen them or got any pictures to show (Dad this is a hint for you to send pictures).
Oh, and guess who is pregnant!? Nope, not me. But the adopted stray cat, Roxy. Yep, told you she was a foxy roxy. Soon we will have some baby kittens on our doorstep, and then she if off to the vet to be fixed.


I also got my replacement sewing machine! Just in time too, I was starting to go a little stir crazy. Good thing I had the TV to keep me entertained all weekend. I should have been crocheting but I didn't get much done. Hopefully I will have some projects to post soon.


P.S. I'm still a firm believer that Millard County has the best sunsets! Anyone what to challenge me on this one?


3 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Gorgeous sunset. I've never seen color that vibrant here. Glad to hear you had a good vacation. The kittens are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Check out the one I found in my July blog.

Love your Blog,
Steph

Rebekah said...

cute puzzle and cute kittens!

We saw the X-files movie this weekend. I was a little bummed that it wasn't better than it was. It seemed kind of like an extended episode rather than a feature movie